Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Month That Was April


I couldn't be more happier and refreshed after an amazing holiday. Yes, we had been to Greece to celebrate our sixth wedding anniversary. Go ahead and be jealous. I would be if I was you. Greece is one of the top 3 countries in my bucket list. We wanted to go to this country for our honeymoon;however had to cancel it for various reasons and settle for  Kerala, God's own country. After six years of wait we could make it. The country is gorgeous. As we all read in history it's one of the cradles of ancient civilization. We had zeroed down on Athens, Santorini, and Naxos. Updates coming soon in milesandtrails.com

Month had been busy both professionally and personally. It's really a task to maintain two blogs even though travel blog is co-authored by Hubby. It takes a lot of time and effort. In the meantime I'm also thinking about starting another blog in Kannada. I used to write pretty okay many moons back. Now when I sit and start writing I couldn't even form a sentence. I'm ashamed beyond words for neglecting my mother tongue. Hubby and I converse in Kannada, but it's limited to that these days. It has been ages since I read any Kannada book. So, to brush up my language I picked Shivaram Karanth's Mookajjiya Kanasugalu. This award winning novel is heavy and not an easy read.  In fact I was glad when holidays started to just leave the book half-read. So much for brushing off...

Surprisingly reading was good, altogether I finished 4 novels, i.e., Murder on the Oriental express-Agatha Christi; Big little lies-Liane Moriarty; One breath away-Heather Gudenkauf; Guilty Wives-James Patterson. And I liked them all at different levels.

The movie list is long; Padmavat, Love Per Square foot, Sarainodu, Rukh, Farzeen, Front of the class, Coco, Murder on the oriental express, Anandam, Darkest hour, Kodi, Teri, Duvvadu Jagannatha, Brother, Sonu Ki Tittu Ki Sweety, Angry Indian Goddesses, Babu Bangaram, Iru Mugan, Nenu Raju Nene Mantri, The Commuter, Den of Thieves. We were home most weekends in preparation for our trip, so that is the reason we get to watch many movies. 

We continued with "How to get away with murder". Though it's painstakingly racy, the grip on the story is fast and addictive.

Third Sunday we had to attend the wedding of Hubby's distant cousin. As mother-in-law couldn't travel we had to give our attendance since their family attended our wedding and so on. I hate summer weddings. I know I had one, but I totally detest them. In this blazing heat how could anyone dress in silk saris, jewellery, and the accessories? Having said that I dressed up a bit too as I would like to call them my show and my behavior all fake and silly. 

I may sound like an old hag but I cannot stop whining about the heat. I'm restless, dehydrated, and sleep deprived for the most part. There were few scattered thunderstorms and showers, but they failed to bring the temperature down.  I hope these are pre-monsoon pours and we get to see the monsoon pretty soon.  With a family function in pipeline May looks brighter. Let's see how it goes.

How was your April folks?

No comments:

Post a Comment