Monday, May 7, 2018

Song in Loop


Song: Gudilo Badilo Madilo
Movie: Duvvada Jagannadham
Composer: Devi Sri Prasad 
Singers: Chitra, MLR Karthikeyan
Lyricist: Sahiti

The song looping in my head right now is the "Gudilo Badilo Madilo Vodilo" from the movie Duvvada Jagannadham. This catchy tune composed by Devi Sri Prasad is almost a year old and I'm assuming it broke the chart-buster. I'm late to the party. This number is melodious, hummable. The lyrics is combination of Sanskrit and Telugu. My knowledge of both the languages is half baked. When I love a song I have to know the meaning. That is what I did.

Oh! girl you're in my heart and lap; at temple and school I dwell in you thoughts and dear you're face resembles the beautiful moon. A besotted loves praising each other in all the way possible.

The choreography is graceful, stylish, and make you groove. Allu Arjun danced so effortlessly with panache and attitude that one wants to watch the video again and again, at least I did. Well, everybody knows he is one of the best dancers in the business. Mohenjo Daro actress Pooja Hegde did her best though no match to Arjun. I'm partial towards him, so you don't have to believe my say here. The chemistry between two actors is palpable. I'm not a great fan of Chitra, but loved her rendition. And who is this MLR Karthikeyan? I need to go and find more songs of him now because he is that good. 

2 comments: