Monday, September 3, 2018

The Month That Was August

Image Source
The highlight of the month was new addition to the family, the brand new baby, a nephew again. If you had read my earlier posts I predicted baby boy for my YB in May. I haven't speculated it by seeing the size of mother's tummy or her choice of gastronomy. Add a lot logic and a little guess, the prediction is very easy. If I was in UK I would be betting every time a royal member is due. I digress.  I'm aunt again the second time. Many people asked us (hubby and I) whether seeing the new born has changed our decision to be childfree. We just smiled at their curiosity. Now I have manifold of respect and gratitude towards my parents, Ammamma, aunt P and aunt B who were essential in raising me from an infant to toddler to teen to young adult. I know my father would have been over the moon with second grandchild, but it's just not meant to be. A person even had the audacity to say my father is reborn; this is the same person who told my father had attained salvation on the 14th day of Hindu funeral rituals. Is this person trying to make me feel better in anyway or plain stupid? I'l give the benefit of doubt for my sanity sake. The day was a time for family celebration. And the next day too as it was nephew V's sixth birthday.  

On the movie front we have watched total 14 movies, that is almost like one film in two days. They are; Agenda Payback, Mahanati, Veere De Wedding, Avengers: Infinity War, Daddy, Deadpool 2, Mom, X-Men, Race 3, John Wick, Reverant, X-Men 2, Rangasthalam, The Blind Side.

I could read only 4 books this month. That is mainly because I picked a philosophical classic "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand. So far I was able to finish only 250 pages. It's definitely not a page turner. I'm going slowly, still finding it difficult to form an opinion on the characters. The rest of the books are "Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine-Gail Honeyman; Without Merit-Collin Hoover; Distant Shores-Kristin Hannah; The Perfect Mother-Aimee Molloy.

How To Get Away With a Murder season 4 saw an end this month. Until season 5 comes I bid adieu to Annalise and six-Keatings (I'm including Frank and Bonnie here). "Young Sheldon" was hubby's pick as a new series. He was bowled over by the trailer and wanted something lighter after the grueling legal drama. And what a terrific show it was. Funny, cute, and can't get enough of it. We finished the first season of 22 episodes within 10 days and can't wait for the new season.

Last weekend of the month we had gone to Shivanasamudra for a day trip with cousin M1 and friend B. As it rained heavily the cascades were at its best. The roaring and pouring of pristine white water over the giant dark rocks and magic of mist over us is truly divine. Surprisingly weather was sunny and I got bad sunburn on my arms and shoulders. Seeing my plight Hubby teased he will all go by himself to African continents as I couldn't tolerate the sunlight. I forgot to tell him I'm a true coastal girl and can kiss sun if I dare to.  

I attended two cultural programs this month; one is M1's Bharatanatya performance and another one is family friend's Mohiniyattam. Compared to the former the latter is quite slow-moving and tedious, but enjoyable nonetheless if you are inclined towards artistry.    

August had been super busy with work, drama, fun, and bit travel. Hope September will be the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment