Thursday, August 2, 2018

The Month That Was July

Image Source
July was interesting, busy, and fun. Fun because the first weekend we have gone on a day trip to Sangama and Mekedatu. Ruefully I have to acknowledge its has been more than a decade staying in Bangalore and this is our first visit to the coveted place. We had been planning and cancelling this trip from the past eight years. On a whim we decided to embark upon this journey with cousin M2. Now this girl is leg-eye coordination-challenged and can fall flat on her face without any obstacles. And I call it a successful journey because no such mishaps happened. I would like to take credit for it as I was screaming like banshee every time she dashes off. I'm sure she felt I'm a real pain in the you know where. I couldn't care less. My advice is learn to take care of yourself and I'll be off your back. The coracle ride across river, bone rattling bus journey, and the beautiful gorge and gushing Kaveri was a beautiful experience altogether. And the real credit goes to Hubby who is the planner and executor of all the travelling we do together.

The books I read this month were "Body of Evidence-Patricia Cromwell, Thirteen Reasons Why-Jay Fisher, 40 Charles Street-Danielle Steele, Chances-Jackie Collins, and Rebecca-Dame Daphne du Maurier. This is the month I decided to read at least one classic a month, hence I gave a try to Rebecca, a highly acclaimed one. I wasn't very much hopeful about this Gothic classic novel and to my surprise I loved every bit of it and I still can't believe it took me so long to pick this one.

And did fairly well in movie department too, 12 films. The Imitation Games, Lust Stories, Rampage, Red Sparrow, Death Wish, Escape Plan, Ugly, Trouble is my business, Blackmail, Paramanu, Angamaly Diaries, and Samsaram Arogyathinu Hanikaram.

We were into the fourth season of How to get away with a murder, but had to take a 3 days break to make way for the Netflix's "Sacred Game". Yes, we binged 8 episodes in three days (weekdays mind you). I was eager to watch this since its inception and who wouldn't want to see the powerful combination of Anurag Kashyap and Nawazuddin Siddiqui. I'm in a fix now as I hate to wait for another season. After that we resumed with "How to get away with a murder", season 4.

YB is excited, nervous, worried a little to the arrival of the baby. As I'm a constant worrier he passed on his stress and strain a little over to me. Even I can't believe I'll be an aunt for the second time. Cousin M1 is back from three-week road trip to Leh, Ladak safely with loads and loads of memories. It is always fun to here the traveling stories. From what I could gather it was adventurous, fun, memorable filled with life-time experience. I'm happy that she found the joy of traveling at such a young age.

I got reconnected with three of my childhood friends whom I have been searching for a long time. It was pure joyous as we picked up from where we left many many years ago. We surely have a lot of catching up to do. Once upon a time they were an integral part of my life, the life that they enriched with beautiful memories.

July was great with work, family, social life, traveling, books, movies, television series, music, love and laughter. July, you have been kind and hope August will be like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment