Monday, July 30, 2018

Girls Like You


Song: Girls like you
Album: Red Pill Blues 
Genre: Pop
Singers: Maroon 5 Ft Cardi B

This video just popped up in YouTube while I was searching for something else. One look into it and glued I was. That is Maroon 5's "Girls like You". The lead singer Adam Levine in the middle of the room singling while the room spins or rather camera makes a circle. And every time a different female appears behind him, singing (lip syncing) and dancing. What caught my attention was Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman). Then I get to see Ellen DeGeneres, Jennifer Lopez, Elizabeth Banks, Rita Ora. I was able to recognize only a few. There are many more successful women from different walks of life; tech entrepreneur, comedians, activists, authors, sports personalities, politicians, actors, models. My updated knowledge of pop culture had been limited in the past few months mainly due to lack of time. I was clueless about Cardi B, overnight hip-hop sensation as they say makes her verse as a rapper in the song. In the end Levine's model wife Behati Prinsloo appears holding their daughter Dusty Rose. Behati Prinsloo is a Victoria's Secret model for the unknown. I did my little research to find out about all this and I made a mental note to know about the rest of the achievers.

This is a song by Maroon 5 from the album Red Pill Blues. Generally I don't find pop music videos very appealing and this is one of the exceptions. The tune is very catchy and hummable. It makes you feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment