Monday, July 2, 2018

The Month That Was June

Image Source
As unbelievable as it sounds the half of the year came to an end. The June has been kind and busy as expected. It has been two months since the last holiday and itchy feet is dying to go for another. Then it dawns upon me it is not feasible with Hubby's new job and leave limitations. What I do then, the next best thing to holidays, that is planning the next. We make sure to have at least 5 to 6 itineraries handy at any given time. Our theory is we should be able to travel when the time is ready, at that moment we shouldn't worry about the journey.

The climate in Bangalore is beautiful just how it used to be a decade or so ago. All I want to do is curl up in bed and read, which I'm fortunate to do in the afternoons. Reading 6 books is quite impressive with the busy schedule and the list is "Come sundown-Nora Roberts, Live Wire-Harlan Coben, Sharp Objects-Gillian Flynn, The Fill-in Boyfriend-Kasie West, Then she was gone-Lisa Jewell, and It's All In The Planets-Preeti Shenoy"

The movies are important part of our life too.  As I said to my cousin M2 movies to us aren't just entertainment, they are religion. Quite heavy, right? Believe me it was necessary. That girl forwards movie and watches and then whines about it. For me it is nothing but blasphemy. Thirteen films are quite a number if you ask me. They are "Tomb Raider, The Great Wall, Assassin's Creed, Bharat Ane Nenu, Ibiza, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Gautamiputra Satakarni, The Con is On, Falcon Rising, Captain America: The First Avenger, Missing, Bourne Legacy, and Jason Bourne".

And our binging continued with "How To Get Away With Murder". This is quite addictive and I can't believe I started loving the characters despite them being murderers and I want them to get away with it. Am I turning into an oxymoron or what?

This month we saw few documentaries relating to travel, history, architecture and they were amazing and so informative. I would have given a disapproved look if you mention the word documentary just a year or so ago. Now, I find them fascinating and it is definitely giving an edge to my thinking process. It is really good to be open about learning new avenues, that way it not only broadens your horizon but also brightens your life.

Attended friend B's parents' wedding anniversary. It was quite an event and this is the first time we are meeting his family. We met "B" first time in Thailand three years ago and we hit it off immediately and our relationship continued from then onward. He is very special because hubby and I both can claim him to be our friend. Usually it is either hubby's friends or my friends. Even though we bond with each other's friends there is always certain kind of distance. And he must be the only guy I'm most comfortable with other than the family. He even remembers our anniversary (the day we three met) and calls to wish. How cute is that? The perks of traveling. You will never know when you make new friends.

And cousin M1 has gone to a road trip to Leh, Ladak. She is still there. I was a little apprehensive when she first mentioned this and I have told her to think twice, but that girl was determined. And I could hear my aunt saying "You're all the same, once you made up your mind, no amount of cajoling can change that".  Sure, I'm happy when we inspire others to travel. The paranoid me warned her to be "constant vigilance", well, that is mad-eye moody for you (For the unknown it is Professor Alastor Moody of Harry Potter's mantra).

That pretty much sums up my June. How about you people?

No comments:

Post a Comment