Monday, June 25, 2018

Animated Love

Image Source
I was one the snobs who used to say "Animation is only for kids" for a very long time. Hubby loves animated movies. It was he who introduced me to that genre. I watched few movies along with him reluctantly. If I can remember correctly those few were Kung Fu Panda, Happy Feet, Ice Age, Finding Nemo, etc. To my surprise I enjoyed them immensely yet not game enough to pick a film on my own.

Then came Disney's "Frozen" and I was bowled over for forever, just like the song "For the first time in forever" if you get the gist. From then onwards I went onto watch many more animated films and now genuinely an ardent fan.

In animated movies sea is the limitation for creation. It is always good versus evil kind of storytelling. There is not much violence or gory, and you can be sure of a happy ending. 

Most of the movies will have a gripping screenplay and many a times it is a roller coaster ride of emotions. And who wouldn't love a good story? The visualization will be remarkable. The characterization will be so endearing you couldn't help but falling in love with them. To this date, Po from Kung Fu Panda remains my favourite character. It would be innumerable times that I have chanted "inner peace, inner peace" like Master Shifu. There is an innate goodness in those heroic characters. We all human beings might be different, but one thing common is we would all like to believe in our righteousness. 

Like I said earlier the imagination will be boundless. For example take the movie "The secret life of pets". Have we ever thought what our pets will do once we leave them alone at home? That is what they show in there. In this genre anything is possible and everything is beyond reality. So, it is much easy to accept and enjoy how the story unfolds. That is so relaxing for a overly judgmental person like me. The graphic will be electrifying. I'm not an authority on the technical part of work, but they are brilliant enough for me understand how a person behind a computer can create this magical world for you. And mostly it would be a fun riot.

Today I'm totally a different person. Now if I hear somebody saying "Animation is only for kids", I just sympathetically shake my head. Well, most of the time my sarcasm is lost on them. Maybe it will take them a little while to understand what an amazing genre that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment