Monday, August 27, 2018

Evidene of GOT Extremism

Image Source
The last season of GOT (Game of Thrones) we saw was a year ago. If rumors are to be believed we have to wait another year for the final season, which will consists of only six episodes.  Arghhh!! That it so unfair. They will make us wait for two solids years for six? I want more.  Do they have any idea how difficult it is for people like me? What if I die within a year? What about my salvation? And my only regret in life would be not watching finale of GOT for no mistake of mine? Compared to other fanatics my extremism is mild, extremist nonetheless. There are few dialogues that I've adapted in daily conversations in the household.

-You know nothing **** (hubby's pet name). I expect hubby to know everything as he does most of the time. On rare occasions when he says he doesn't know something, I'm right on his face to say the above sentence.

-I address him "my sun and stars" and insists to be called "Moon of my life" in return in total Drogo style.

-When he asks me to accompany him to any boring family functions I agree to do that in the end, not before rolling my eyes and saying "Things I do for Love".

-In the next one there isn't much drama. I use it only when the real season approaches, "Winter is coming".

-As we stay in the first floor some evenings mosquitoes will enter the home if I forget to close the windows. I go for them with a bat before they could suck my sweet blood. However, sometimes I'm so lazy to move my ass, so I relegate the task to Hubby. When he is at it, I say calmly "Burn them all".

-During financial discussions I never forget to add "A ****ar (my last name) always pays her debts" just like a true Lannister, followed by "****ar shits gold". I know very unladylike. That leads to the next one.

-When I use the foul language or tell a really nasty joke hubby is quick to say "don't forget you're a lady". Any my reply would be "I'm not a lady" in a classic Arya Stark way.

-In the late evenings we open the main door for some fresh air and twilight, chatting away about the our respective days. If its windy the door slams shut as it doesn't have a door closer. Most of the time we keep something on door's way to prevent the swinging. Sometimes when I see the swing, unable to stop the slamming, I just scream "Hodor". Yeah, better than doing nothing, right?

-If I be haughty and pompous in a talk, hubby asks "who do you think you are?'. This one is lengthy and takes a little time to recollect and recite "Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons". It sure makes him laugh, and he says a very reproachable sentence, which I would rather not mention here. It goes without saying he calls me Khaleesi and I call him Khal.

Yes, we're a bit quirky and weird like that. The credit to our this idiosyncrasy goes to GOT. Probably the time has come to rerun all the seven seasons before we could watch the finale. And we're guilty of staring pitily at people who haven't watched this epic.

And lastly "My husband is my king and my king is my husband". He surely is the king of my heart and my castle.

PS: Hubby is even bigger devote of GOT than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment