Monday, August 13, 2018

What Motivates Me-I

Image Source
All of us need motivation in life to keep going. I have read somewhere life will be vibrant and colourful if we keep painting it with different splash of colours, i.e., experiences and moments. I'm not a person who could be described as ambitious. I'm a happy person most my life with little things, that I turn into magical memories. The purpose that drives me everyday to wake up in the morning is couple of things that I enjoy immensely and the quench is insatiable. To get a better perspective of life I'm trying to jot down few things that motivates me.

To Travel the World: I haven't done any traveling per se until I met Hubby (then boyfriend). We had many things in common like love for the history, art and architecture, nature, wild life. I was happy reading about them in the big fat books. It was he who greatly inspired me look beyond books and experience things for real. And I was hooked and now travel is a drug of choice for both of us. There are 195 countries in the world. I know it is an unattainable dream, but a woman can dream, right? Diamond isn't my best friend neither any jewelry. I don't fancy big cars. I don't want to own a house or property. I don't yearn for branded gadgets or vintage stuff. I don't desire any worldly procession, but for what is necessary for basic comfortable life. I know the basic comfortable varies from people to people, but I'm a very low maintenance. I want to travel until the day I die. To keep a journal of our travel trails hubby and I started a travel blog www.milesandtrails.com. 

To Read Books: If you read my earlier posts you must be well aware that I read at least 4 to 5 books every month. I have been an avid reader all my life. That is why maybe I'm jostling between 2 to 3 books at a time. There are millions books out there and given an option I will do nothing but read. I wish I have more time to read. I would love to quote George RR Martin here "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one". How aptly he puts the significance of reading in one sentence. Because while reading the reader is in the story, he/she follows the different characters, go where they go, see what they see, hear what they hear, feel what they feel, experience all the emotions they go through. As books are my constant companions I never get lonely and need daily doses of reading to keep me going.

To Be Continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment