Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Joy of Reading


Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. First one in Robert Langdon's escapades. Italy is a place that always intrigued me on many levels, Roman Colosseum, Michelangelo, Sistine Chapel, Vatican, Pope. The book consists of almost everything. I've recently watched the movie, still want to get in to the finest details that only a book can offer. Although, Brown's "Deception Point" was a huge disappointment, I'm willing to give this man another chance. I'm gullible to mysterious secret society, decoding the symbols, and gorgeous country that Italy is. The amount of efforts the author put on researching is amazing.

Play Dead by Harlan Coben. A stand alone romantic/mystery/thriller. Writer warns and apologizes at the same time in prologue for the writing that took place when he was in his 20s. A super hot model/entrepreneur's equally popular basketball player husband dies in Australia on their honeymoon. Story is immature, mediocre, run-of-the-mill sort; however I'm not complaining. It is a breeze read and I'm not looking for any literal stimulation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment