Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February In a Glance


The shortest month of the year went past in a jiffy. As it was hubby's birthday month, I fondly call it 'Happy Birthday Month'. We celebrated with birthday eve's dinner, a movie followed by sumptuous lunch and dinner in the hottest places in town. For a couple like us it is a rather dull event as we normally as a rule will be celebrating out of station. However, this time hubby couldn't manage to take leave. It went perfectly well for us as the saying 'It is not the place, but the companionship matters. I genuinely hope he liked my gift.

Another thing to be noted is valentine's day celebration. It is our 9th year celebration as a couple. Despite all the brouhaha about commercialization of this day, we still love it.

My reading has taken a hit this month again. It is because of my choice of book, the "Game of Throne" series.  Those books are really fat. The only book I was able to finish was "Dark Places" by Gillian Flynn. I so want to do a book review of that. I have to speed up this month or else I'l fall short to reach my goals.

It has been a great on movie front. The movies we watched are Hate story 1, 2, 3; Tangamagan; Abhinetri; ABCD; Paru w/o Devdas; The Good, Bad, and Ugly; Horrible Bosses; Angels and Demons; Oujaa; Martian; Deathpool; Leaving Las Vegas; Spectre; Prem Ratan Dhan Payo; and Raincoat

This month saw we attending 'Deccan Herald Theater Festival'.  Investigation-SBC by Prakash Belavadi piqued my interest in dramas once again. It was of comedy/suspense genre. An investigation into a case of possible sexual harassment in work place in a corporate world. The story will have you in split with eerie and comical turns of events. I get to see Prakash Belawadi on stage too.  The second one was 'The Leader' and Krapp's Last Tape" by Michael Joseph. It was of satire genre. The Krapp's Last Tape, a mono-act by Joseph for 40 minutes was boring. I was forcing my wandering mind back to the act often. We were a group of five and everyone felt the same. It is a new age drama I'm told. Perhaps I'm a rookie in this "Theater of the Absurd". 

Dad is almost back to normal and resuming all his day-to-day activities. That is a big relief. Met one of friends after office party for a few drinks and gossiped to heart's content.

We have not had internet for more than 15 days, that is the reason for my absence. It was such faulty connection even the technician couldn't do a bit about rectifying it. That is when we decided enough is enough. Yes, we now have a new connection and I couldn't be more happy with the speed. How internet has become an integral part of our life.

The life has been busy and I like it just the way it is. Without work I feel so restless, jittery, and cranky.  March seems brighter already. Festivals like Shivaratri, Holi, Women's day are lined up. Lets see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment