Friday, September 4, 2015

Curious Case of A Singer



It has been a very long time since I heard this immensely popular devotional song. Today morning it was playing on radio, and I stopped the cab driver from changing the station. I remember my elder brother having this song as a ringer tone few year's back. I loved the voice of this little girl and had to know who she is. It always happens with me. If I like a song, I need to know about the singers, music composer, lyricist, and all that jazz. I largely rely on "Google Baba" and I'm surprised to see there is a video with two segments aired in 2011 with title "Gouthami Alive" by Suvarna News 24x7. Yes, there was a death hoax about this girl, so mother-daughter duo were in studio to clarify the rumors. Her name is Gouthami and she was in 7th grade when she recorded this song. She is an engineering graduate, and must be in renowned IT industry now. There isn't much information online. The song gives me goosebumps every single time I heart it. It is a melodious voice with crystal clear pronunciation of Sanskrit hymns.

PS: Happy Krishna Janmashtami folks

No comments:

Post a Comment