Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Weekend Watch


"Kaaka Muttai"-A national award winning Tamil movie and rightfully so, directed by first time director Manikandan and produced by Dhanush and Vetrimaaran. What a stunning movie it is. Casting, screenplay, cinematography, performance, direction, everything about this movie is top-notch. This is by far the best movie I have watched this year. I know I couldn't do justice by reviewing it. However, I have to mention one of my favourite scenes. Grandma's attempt at baking pizza. It is a heart-tugging, brilliantly crafted story. Don't miss it as it is a must watch.



"Yevade Subrahmanyam"-A Telugu movie, hemmed by a new comer, Nag Ashwin. Let us say I sunjected myself to a torture for almost 2-1/2 hours. Despite Nani's good performance, it couldn't hold my attention for more than 10 minutes. Since I'm following a self-made rule of finishing whatever I start, I sat through this squirming in my seat. Best avoid if you ever come across this.

PS-I'm so proud of you girls (M and S) for opting and liking "Teesri Manzil." I hope we can do our own "Shake It Shake It like Shammi" in the next hang-out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment