Monday, January 13, 2020

Reading Rehash 2019-Part 2

Source Image
The year 2019 I've read many new authors, which were mostly recommended in Goodreads. And I've sticked to many of old favourites. I've tried my hands on two books that were long-listed for Man Booker Prize, and a all time classic. My most cherished genres are thriller and mystery, so it is not a surprise I've scored in that pretty well. I've failed to break the jinx of sci-fi and horror genres. I'm jotting down a list for no particular reasons.

The best book that I read in 2019:
To Kill a Mocking Bird-Harper Lee

Not-So-Good book that I read in 2019:
First Night-Sophie Kinsella

A classic that I thought I'l never enjoy:
To Kill a Mocking Bird-Harper Lee

A book that I read after watching the television drama of the book adaptation:
Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords-George R.R. Martin

A book that was intriguing enough to put the screen adaptation in the "TBW" list:
Normal People-Sally Rooney

A book that haunted me in days to come:
My Lovely Wife-Samantha Downing

A book that I couldn't decide whether I liked or not:
Into the Water-Paula Hawkins

A book that I abandoned in the middle:
Faithful Place-Tana French

A book that I wish I had read in 2019:
Becoming-Michelle Obama

A Kannada book that I read in 2019:
Chikkadoddavaru-Shivarama Karanth

A Travel book that I read in 2019:
Apoorva Paschima-Shivarama Karanth

A unfinished series of 2019:
A Song of Ice and Fire-George R.R. Martin

A series that I've started in 2019:
Nothing

An author that I've read most in 2019:  
Kristin Hannah

A book that I was embarrassed to read:
Hero-Samantha Young

An author that I wish I read earlier:
Harper Lee

A series that was decent enough to made me watch the movies and get disappointed:
Hunger Games

A book of new geography:
Purple Hibiscus-Chimamanda Adichie

No comments:

Post a Comment