Saturday, January 4, 2020

Reading List 2019-Part 1

Image Source
In my last post "The Year that was 2019" I've mentioned my reading challenge for the year was 50. However, while reading my last year's post I've realized that I had set my reading goal for 2019 as 60 books. This is what happens when I neglect my writing space. Over the period I had forgotten what object I had set for myself and started believing in another number. What remains is I had missed my target miserably. I'm not the one to be bogged down by the failures. With full gusto and energy I have taken up the challenge to read 50 books in the year 2020, that is 4 books per month on an average. I console myself saying I had picked two books in 'Game of Throne' series which are astonishingly of huge volume. I've been largely partial to few authors, that made me to pick their work in a row. In 2020 I intend to bring diversity in terms of genres and authors. Without much ado here goes my list;

January
1. Catching Fire-Susanne Collins
2. Betrayal-Danielle Steel
3. Mocking Jay-Susanne Collins
4. Into the Water-Paula Hawkins

February
1. Apporva Paschima-Shivaram Karanth
2. A Great Alone-Kristin Hannah
3. Nightingale-Kristin Hannah

March
1. Last Anniversary-Lianne Moriatry
2. Hero-Samantha Young
3. Nine Perfect Strangers-Lianne Moriatry

April
1. Everything I Never Told You About-Celeste NG
2. Home For Christmas-Nora Roberts
3. The Wife Between Us-Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

May
1. An Anonymous Girl-Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
2. In a Dark, Dark Woods-Ruth Ware
3. Clash of Kings-George R.R. Martin

June
1. My Lovely Wife-Samantha Downing
2. The Girl Before

July
1. Big Girl-Danielle Steel
2. Family Ties-Danielle Steel
3. Bitter Sweet-Danielle Steel
4. Angels Fall-Nora Roberts

August
1. Montana Sky-Nora Roberts
2. First to Die-James Patterson
3. Normal Things-Sally Rodney

September
1. The Silent Patient-Alex Michaelides

October
1. Dead to You-Lisa McMann
2. Dating Game-Danielle Steel
3. Before Anna-Alex Lake
4. Comfort and Joy-Kristin Hannah

November
1. Between Sisters-Kristin Hannah
2. Storm of Swords-George R.R.Martin
3. Purple Hibiscus-Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
4. To Kill a Mocking Bird-Harper Lee
5. Digging In-Loretta Nyhan

December
1. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society-Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
2. Chikkadoddavaru-Shivarama Karanth
3. Summer Island-Kristin Hannah
4. Home Again-Kristin Hannah
5. Wedding Night-Sophie Kinsella

No comments:

Post a Comment