Monday, August 8, 2016

Travel


As a kid the only travel we did was visiting temples. My father's definition of traveling was restricted to that. Most of our holidays were spent at grandmother's place. It was in my High school that my parents allowed me to go on a day trip. It was fun being with friends in a different set up than the school premises. During college days I have traveled to a few places. The longest is one-week tour to Ooty, Kodaikanal, Munnar, Kochin, and Coimbatore. I remember looking at beautiful tea plantation in Munnar and promising myself to return again, and I did visit all the places once again.

The actual travel bug bit me only a couple of years ago. It was actually a visit to Belur-Halebidu-Shravanabelagola eight years back that sealed the deal for us. It was the zen moment for both Hubby and me. We realized our passion for monuments, history, nature, curiosity to know different cultures and life style, and understand the world better. And that is how our journey started.


We are a mix breed who do both travel as well as touristy stuff. As much as we would love to go off-the-beaten-track, we wouldn't miss a popular must-see-place for anything as we know a particular place is popular for a reason. It is like visiting Agra and not seeing Taj Mahal or visiting Paris and not seeing Eiffel Tower. 

Each and every trip of ours is planned and executed by us. We have not gone on any package holidays so far. They are just not for us. There is a kind of Adrenalin rush in planning a trip which we wouldn't miss for anything. We decided to leave the package holiday for our old age and the only thing we want then would be peace and luxury.

Some people really appreciates our travel and asks for advice here and there. Others just say 'If we are like you, we would be doing much more traveling than you'. I still don't understand what exactly is 'like you'. But i just nod along and smile as if I totally get them.

It is amazing to have a life-partner who share the same passion of traveling. All I want is the zeal to work for travel fund, good health, and a long life together to create beautiful memories and to leave our foot prints almost everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment