Monday, August 1, 2016

Flashback July


The month began with a visit to parents' and in-law. We have not visited native during Jackfruit season. Hubby wanted to try the delicacies made out of this fruit. Dad told me to confirm the visit one week before, so they can make necessary arrangements.

Mom made Kadubu for lunch, which was delicious to say the least. I had to swallow my drool as I type this. Another item was Mulka (pakoda). Mom fed us gluttons continuously untill we couldn't take anymore. Two hours after this came the mouthwatering fruit pods. As much as I do love delicacies of fruit, nothing can be compared to the taste of real fruit. Eating Jackfruit is sticky business literally. There are two varieties, Bokke and Imba. Bokke is my favourite. It is crunchy and juicy wherein Imba is much more sweeter, but soft and sloppy.

Another added value to the journey is driving through the western ghats. The beauty of western ghats in monsoon is unparalleled to anything else. The thick evergreen forest blooms with flora and fauna. We are bound to witness minimum one or two falls on the way to parent's from in-law's place. And every time I couldn't contain myself singing famous "Jogada Siri Belakinalli" song. The vast mountain range is UNESCO World Heritage Site for a reason.

We have watched couple of movies this month. They are Sultan, TE3N, Fan, Azar, One night stand, Shaukeen, Tere bin Laden 2, and Demolition. My reading progressed a little better with me completing 3 books, Spirit Bound, Last Sacrifice, and The Luckiest Girl Alive.  Another epic show ended for us this month as well that is Downton Abbey. I bid adieu teary eyed to much treasured characters not before promising to visit them Again. And we are all set to "Breaking Bad" for another two months. 

Baby sister M2 joined college. The last weekend saw me arranging things and helping her settle down in this new city. As youngest among cousins she was pampered the most and Ammamma's favourite. The separation is taking toll on both of them. And I'm certain this "Empty Nest Syndrome" will have its effect on her parents as well as Ammamma for quite some time.

So, how was your July folks?

No comments:

Post a Comment