Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Weave Dreams


Movie: Fitoor
Music: Amit Trivedi
Lyrics: Swanand Kirkire
Singer: Amit Trivedi

"Pashmina Dhaagon Ke Sang" is playing on loop for hours and I couldn't get the tune out of my mind. I first heard the song while watching the movie. Though I admired Amit Trivedi as a music director, it is only after Queen I liked him as a singer. The songs were Badra Bahaar and Jugni. Blame me, I love that movie and everything about it. Almost all songs struck a cord with me. He experiments with a lot of instruments and there is a magical touch to it.

With Pashmina (Fine type of cashmere wool) threads someone is weaving dreams today, how so?; In the Valley, it echoes somewhere a new tune from Rabab (music instrument), how so?. A young man's yearning and passion to his lady love is expressed superbly. A romantic number that tugs the heart strings. A beautifully written song by Swanand Kirkire.  Amit says he is an ordinary singer who doesn't even practice. However, I must say there is something in his voice that connects along with brilliant music. He is even being compared to music maestro A.R. Rahman. There is undoubtedly freshness in his music and voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment