Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Blast From The Past

Anybody who knows a little about me ought to know I'm a big time movie buff. I was high on Bollywood and knew most songs by heart. I can see my parents rolling their eyes. However, I vehemently blame it on gene pool.

What made me write this post. I was listening to this particular song traveling back home. "Hunter" from the movie "Gangs of Wasseypur." It is a sequential song in the movie and chances are that you miss the suggestive meaning. When listen to it as a stand alone, nothing is left for imagination. By the way have you seen this amazing cult classic?



Following are the few songs of my growing up years, which I enjoyed immensely then and a little embarrassed now. These songs either had double meaning or the choreography suggestive. Hey, I was naive back then. I used to keep tape recorder in high volume and dance like nobody is watching. Yeah! Tell me about the cheap thrill.

1. Sarkai lo Khatiya jaada lage
Film: Raja Babu (1994)
Singers: Kumar Sanu, Poornima



2. Gutur Gutur
Film: Dalaal (1993)
Singers: Kumar Sanu, Bappi Lahiri, Alka Yagnik, Ila Arun



3. Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai
Film: Khalnayak (1993)
Singers: Alka Yagnik and Ila Arun


4. Sexy Sexy Mujhe Log Bole
Film: Khuddar (1994)
Singer: Anu Malik and Alisha Chinai



5. Rukmani Rukmani
Film: Roja
Singers: Baba Sehgal, Shweta Shetty & Chorus



PS: I still think Karishma Kapoor and Govinda to be the best dancing couple on celluloid.

No comments:

Post a Comment