Thursday, November 19, 2015

Weekend Watch

Weekend Watch
1. Phantom. I had great expectation from this movie as being directed by Kabir Khan, still rolling in the success of blockbuster Bajrangi Bhaijaan. The story is of a disgraced Indian soldier hunting down the 26/11 master minds. I couldn't contain myself from comparing it with "Baby" and "D day" almost of same concept, brilliant movies. I wish it could have been a better edge-of-seat thriller, but turned out be tad bit boring. As it is common for all Kabir's movies, locations are captured magnificently.


2. Bhaag Johnny, a thriller. When I started this one, I had no idea what the star cast was. This one is directed by Shivan Nair, starring Kunal Kempu, Zoa Morani, Mukul Dev. And surprisingly I liked it. The story is about choosing right path in life after leading two lives simultaneously within the time span of 72 hours. As it was picturized in Thailand, I could easily relate to a few places and the country side.


3. Bangistan, a comedy directed by Karan Anshuman. Going by name, I thought this one is an adult comedy and presence of Ritesh Deshmukh confirmed my doubt. How wrong I was.  The story is about two protagonists who are extremely religious and  being molded and pushed to terrorism by religious leaders. An apt movie in this time of intolerance, radicalism, and terrorism. A serious topic like religion and terrorism are told in a satirical manner. Krakow, Poland is depicted exquisitely in this. I enjoyed this one too. Sometimes it doesn't have to be a big budget or big star casting to be a good movie.


PS: Movie marathon was a perfect way to spend weekend, staying inside, doing nothing because of constant downpour and chilly weather of Bangalore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment