Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Month That Was March


This got be a special month as I resumed this blog after a hiatus of one-and-a-half years. It feels good to be back here.

I have recuperated well from a small accident that happened in January. I almost broke my left arm. Few ligaments and tendons got ruptured. The pain was intense. I did nothing but eat and sleep. Never had this kind of rest in my entire life. That was way back in January.

We had gone to native to celebrate Ugadi. That was good without much hubbub. We had visited my aunt for the first time after uncle's demise. I couldn't attend his funeral as well as 14th rituals because of the above-mentioned injury. I was afraid she will start crying immediately after seeing me, but she didn't initially. It is obviously tough for her to overcome the loss and pain. She cared for him with might and main. He was her life partner for 48 years. Until a-year-and-a half ago death was something I have seen only in movies and read in books; I have heard people talking about the death of their loved ones. I was sympathetic, compassionate, and sensitive towards them, but I never felt the pain. Now two deaths in the family in a short span of time. In our last interaction my uncle suggested me to learn driving, that is still afresh in my memory. I had tears in my eyes before saying goodbye, probably I had the inkling to know that was the last time I'm going to see him. He was unwell for quite sometime. Mom is staying with aunt and I wish and hope they will be one another's strength.

Visited Ammamma's home too. She was ecstatic too see me. She kept on asking when I'm going to come and stay with next. Even she was staying with my aunt until a week ago. She isn't comfortable in lodging in anybody's house, even if it's her own daughters'. Very proud, dignified, and self assured lady. She is 90 and the love and regards I have for her is immeasurable. Her unconditional love and care made me the person I'm today and the person I'm going to be. I know I'm totally blessed and fortunate to have a grandmother like this. Somehow this post is making me mushy and sentimental.

March saw us finishing 'The Tudor". I know we are very very late to the party, but what a party it was. If time and energy permits I intend to write a post about this show.  We started it in January and it was an exciting feeling to wait every night to watch it together. This time hubby had this void feeling once it got over. To beat that hollowness we began binging on "Big little lies" and that concluded within a week.

The book reading was slow. I could finish only two books, all time low, Finding Audrey and Husband's Secrets. On the film front the number is quite impressive, 12 (Raid, Megan Leavy, Indu Sarkar, Shadi Me Zaroor Aana, Bad Mother's Christmas, Fukrey Returns, Ever After, Charlie, Shape of Water, Anjaniputra, Vivegam, Urvi) considering our tight schedule.

On third weekend I met my college friends for lunch. We were meeting after two years and it was fun. We laughed like Shoorpanakas and chugged beer like, well humans. Pun intended if you know what I mean.

First quarter of the new year came to an end quite rapidly. Hope next two months shall pass as swiftly as possible. It is boiling hot in Bangalore. And hubby never misses a chance to ridicule me. He thinks I'm melodramatic when it comes to summer. "Swiss Girl" he calls me because he thinks I overact as if I was born in Switzerland wherein truth I was born and brought in one of the coastal towns of Karnataka. Everybody knows how hot and humid the seaside weather is.

How was your March folks?

No comments:

Post a Comment