Wednesday, September 7, 2016

August Update


The month started with anticipation of a small holiday on Independence day weekend. The original plan was something else, but we could not get the hotel booking. So, Bijapur was our plan B. It was in our to-do list for a very long time. We were waiting for 5 days of leaves to club it with Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal. The distance was 500 odd kilometers. And we realized during the research that Bijapur is much more than Gol Gumbaz. The place was finalized so was the booking. The drive was wonderful to say the least. I suggest everyone to travel the length and breadth of Karnataka in Monsoon to soak in the beauty bested upon by nature. The best pat about traveling is to forget everything about the routine.

The movies we watched this month is deduced to only four. They are Sarabjeet, Raman Raghav, Hyderabad Blues, and Sardar Gabbar Singh. As our weekdays are exclusive for "Breaking Bad and weekends devoted to socializing with family and friends, it is a phenomenon that we were able catch up with few films.

The books I read are limited as well. They are Bostan Girl, After your, and Landline. In this pace will I ever be able to reach my goal of 50 books this year? Life has been blisfully busy.

This is the month I decided to let go off few people from my life. No, I'm not cutting them off my life. It is just that I'm done with being the one to keep in touch always. Nobody is that busy to keep in touch unless of course they are running multibillion conglometer or powerful world leaders. And sadly I don't know anyone personally of these categories. Each and every relationship needs relentless effort to work out. I have witnessed kinship dying a slow, painful death personally and my heart is not ready to revive it yet or anytime sooner.

Now tell me how was your August?

No comments:

Post a Comment