Saturday, January 30, 2016

Just Read


1. Deception Point-Dan Brown. I remember reading up to 20 to 30 pages and throwing the towel almost a year back. It is dull and tedious. It is only my determination to finish unread books from my shelf before I could buy anything new this year. I have thoroughly enjoyed his 'Da Vinci Code' and that is the sole reason to buy this in the first place. As a techno-thriller it totally lacks the fast pacing of Da Vinci. The story weaves around meteorites, ocean life, which surely is not much of an interesting subject to me. I am in 100 page now, still the plot is not moving forward at all.


2. Dead Center-David Rosenfelt. This is fifth book in "Andy Carpenter" series. It is entertaining, witty, and fast-paced whodunit. It is set in Findlay, Wisconsin, wherein other previous four installments were in New Jersey.  The protagonist is more of an investigator in this than a hotshit lawyer. A half-post is lying in the draft of 'Open and Shut", the first book in the series. I shall make it a book review soon.


3. Dark Places-Gillian Flynn. I am reading her books in reversal order, first Gone Girl, now this. Book blurb was catchy and it got me hooked instantly. If you think Gone Girl is twisted, you are in for surprise. I do not know what goes in author's head. She is awfully good at creating messed up and demented characters. It is racy, page-turner, and I'm trying very hard in my head to solve the mystery. I'm well aware it is going to shake me to the core, and that is the beauty of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment