Friday, June 1, 2018

The Month That Was May

Image Source
The weather in the city is much pleasant with on-and-off showers. I'm happy to say that summer is behind us. Everyone says how time flies it sure does. We have already completed 5 months of the new year. May was both good and stressful in many ways. Like always work kept me relatively busy. Oh! I don't love my job. It just pays my bill and I'm a self-respecting woman who can't be dependent on others.

The little achievement is I have voted this time for the first time. Yes, I know it is late for 30+ woman. The thing is I was always away from home, first for education and then for work. On one or two occasions when I was eager to do the deed they missed my name in the voter list. In few years the vanity of casting vote disappeared. And it never made sense to travel 1000 odd kilometers just to cast vote for a day. Better late than never they say. Amen to that.

The pre-election, election, and post-election political drama was high-strung. It entertained me completely for a whole week. I was glued to the television whenever I had the free time. It is unfortunate and sad what happened in Karnataka, but that is how political games are played, so it is better to accept and embrace it. I had a lot of disagreement with different people on Whatsapp groups. I know very well this futile squabble won't lead us anywhere and total waste of time, but what the heck! It is fun to just piss off some stuck-up people. They might say the same thing about me, but I have the advantage of dishing out my opinions on the blog and they don't. Evil grin!!!!

Mother-in-law was here for her holidays. She and I have sorted out many issues over the years. Our relationship wasn't started on a good note. I being his son's choice was a bitter pill for her to swallow. I think that can be said to any Indian mothers. To add to her agony I was not the ideal daughter-in-law either. It was very stressful for her to tackle the individualist and strong-headed girl like me. She is used to obedient and docile girls, which mostly are her students. Yes, she is a teacher in a very prestigious school. She is genuinely a true and upright person. A very highly qualified lady with impeccable professional records. The problem with her is she is too perfect and expects the others to toe the line. Hubby and I believe in individuality and go by the principal "let him/her be". It was difficult in the beginning; however, over the years both of us have mellowed down a little bit. So, now both of us can safely say we like each other. While leaving her to the native she said she really enjoyed her stay and look forward to it. Isn't that sweet.

The highlight is a family function, my younger sister-in-law's baby shower. Yes, in a few months I'm going to be an aunt again. As I have a nephew (elder brother's) it would be really nice to have a little niece, yet I have an inkling this baby is going to be a boy. Don't ask me why, I just do. Let us wait and see whether my hunch is right or wrong in a few days. Most of the family was here for the celebration and it was great bonding with aunts and cousins. My father's absence was felt by everyone and saddened us. He would have been thrilled to have another grand kid. Also I'm sad for the upcoming baby (is there really a word like that?) as he/she won't know what a wonderful grandfather he/she was. At least nephew "V" had few years of memories with his grandfather. He is a kid but I know for a fact that he misses granddad who adored this little brat to pieces.

The reading was good as I was able to read five novels; Crazy Rich Asians-Kevin Kwan, China Rich Girlfriend-Kevin Kwan, Rich People Problems-Kevin Kwan, To All The Boys I've Loved Before-Jenny Han and What Alice Forgot-Liane Moriarty. I need a daily dose of few pages of reading to keep me sane and going.

The movie list is long as well; Baaghi 2, Neelakasham Pachakadal Chuvanna Bhoomil, Kuttram 23, Aiyaary, Pichaikkaran, Gentleman, Bhaagamathie, Black Panther, Shuddhi, 102 Not Out, Raazi, Asoka, Hichki, 10000 B.C., Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru, Pari, 8 Thottakal, and Mugulu Nage. 

As we had mother-in-law and brother-in-law at home we had to forgo a lot of routine lifestyle, so "How To Get Away With Murder" season is where we left at the beginning of the month. The song of the month I would say "Dilbaro" from the movie Raazi. I know everyone liked "Ae Watan" and it is trending. I loved that song too, especially Arijit Singh's version, still "Dilbaro" captures the beautiful bond between a father and a daughter. While watching the song in the movie I was welled up a bit.  

So, that was May updates. How about you folks?

No comments:

Post a Comment